How to Choose the Right Golf Course?
Are you looking for the best Burnaby golf course? Finding the best golf course could be a little challenging due to the big number of options available. In this article we explain the best tips to help you choose the right golf course.
First, you need to understand that there are 2 types of golf courses:
Public golf courses:
These are owned by the county. Anyone can play there for a fee. Tee times might be reserved for local groups that play every week, but are generally available to all. Some of them have membership fees, but members get to play as much as they want.
- Inexpensive most days of the week and no minimum number of golfers required.
- Appropriate for different golfers.
- The course might not be in top condition.
- The course won’t be challenging.
These are owned by a group or an individual and the owners determine who can join and when, how and where they can play. They set rules on who can or can’t become a member. Usually members get accepted after they have been sponsored by another member. Most private clubs have great amenities like swimming pools and restaurants and to many people joining a private club means that you belong to a higher social level.
- The course will be in perfect condition.
- Challenging and interesting layouts.
- Members will feel pampered.
- Can be expensive.
- Usually a high number of minimum players is required.
So how can I find the best golf course?
- Ask your friends and colleagues: Some of them might already be members of golf clubs.
- Look up the yellow pages and online: You will get to see the names, phone numbers and addresses.
- Go through golf magazines: You will find different reviews about all the available golf courses.
Although there is no substitute to visiting the golf course yourself to determine its condition and state, there are a few questions that you should try to answer once you step into a golf club:
- How maintained does the grass look?
- Is the club house in good condition?
- Did someone greet you as you walked through the door?
- Is there a shop there? Can you find products that you might be interested in buying?
- Is there a locker room for you to use?
- Is there a gym or a lounge where you can relax?
Paying attention to these points will facilitate the process of choosing the best Burnaby golf course.